Believe it or not, tongue piercing can go way back to the Mayan and Aztec cultures. While nowadays tongue piercing is a mega-trend for people who want to set themselves apart from the crowd, the Mayans and Aztecs saw it as a religious practice more than an artistic or decorative one. For them, getting a tongue ring was about honoring their gods by inflicting and enduring pain, thus showing their honor and courage. Whatever your reason is for getting your tongue pierced, may it be for spiritual reasons or self-expression, these 25 amazing tongue rings shouldn’t make you think twice about getting your tongue pierced as soon as possible. Check out the list below.
25 Best Tongue Rings
1. Are you a Marvel fan? Check out this cool Captain America tongue ring. Let Captain America’s shield keep you safe wherever you go.
2. Though this would surely feel heavy compared to the above tongue rings, its classic beauty is perfect for anyone who doesn’t really care about fancy colorful designs.
3. It would be interesting to see how people would look twice and wonder why you always have a pill on your tongue with this tongue ring.
4. Feeling young and girly? This cute Hello Kitty ribbon should bring out the shy little girl in you.
5. Here’s a cute Nirvana tongue ring perfect for anyone who’s in love with their music. Rock on and immortalize Nirvana!
6. Everything pink. Here’s a cute pink tongue jewelry that matches the woman’s pink lipstick and pink hoody jacket. As you can see her tongue ring also looks great with her nose ring.
7. This cannabis tongue ring is perfect for anyone who’s into the Rastafari movement which happened during the 1930s in Jamaica.
8. This pink dice rolling on your tongue should make you the centre of attention during board games with your friends.
9. If you can’t get enough of punk music and punk lifestyle, these two metal skulls would look good on you.
10. Are you feeling adventurous and naughty? Flash this tongue ring when you’re out clubbing and see where it takes you.
11. Your love for nature shows when you wear these star and moon tongue rings. They also look good with tragus earrings.
12. Check out this pretty rose surgical steel tongue ring. It surely looks perfect with cartilage earrings that have similar themes.
13. Wear this stylish blue gem tongue ring if you want to look fabulous and classy and be the envy of your friends.
14. Do you love animal prints? This zebra tongue ring will make you look trendy and fashionable. Try matching it with other zebra print accessories for the perfect look!
15. If you want to keep it simple, this basic stud should be enough. You can always go for other themes or designs should you want to look stylish.
16. Can’t seem to leave your teddy bear behind? This teddy bear surgical steel should remind you of your childhood and your love for stuffed toys.
17. How about a playboy bunny tongue ring? This cute bunny tongue ring should make you feel instantly sexy.
18. Check out this black and white acrylic star cluster tongue ring for anyone who’s into stars and other similar themes.
19. This is a cool yin and yang tongue ring. Yin-yang symbolizes the interconnectedness of two opposing forces in the natural world.
20. Another Rasta leaf logo for those who are into the Rastafarian movement. This tongue ring is acrylic and feels lighter than the previous cannabis tongue ring.
21. These bioplast glow in the dark barbells are perfect if you want your tongue rings to be seen day or night.
22. Want a simple star with no fuss? This casted surgical steel star tongue ring barbell is perfect if you want to keep it simple.
23. With this gemstone cube tongue ring, you can easily look glamorous and sophisticated.
24. Simple and cute. This spring flower enamel tongue ring is perfect if you don’t ever want to lose touch with your feminine side.
25. This is not a four leaf clover but rather a shamrock. Shamrock is well known as a lucky charm. This tongue ring is perfect for you if you believe such thing.
Tongue piercing is a personal choice and shouldn’t be done just because everyone is doing it. Bear in mind that it is the tongue that we are talking about and not just any body part. The tongue is located in the mouth, which makes it vulnerable to infections. Also, have you thought about how comfortable you’re going to be with a piece of jewelry stuck in your mouth? If you’ve thought about these factors and still would like to go ahead, then nothing should stop you! May this post serve as your guide and help you decide which tongue rings to get.